In these Sushi Cards you'll be building an app to get information from an Application Programming Interface (API) and display it to your user. Then you'll let them filter the information too. In the case of these Sushi Cards you'll be using the PokeAPI. It will let you get information about, and pictures of, Pokémon to display to your users. Once you're done, it'll look like this:
Go to dojo.soy/trinket and click "Sign Up For Your Free Account" if you do not already have an account. You will need an email address to sign up.
- Enter your email address and choose a password, or ask somebody to do this for you.
- Creating an account allows you to save your work and access it from any computer. It also allows you to make a copy of a project somebody else has shared with you so you can make your own changes to it!
- Click the "Remix" button at the top right of the project (if it is not green, you have to sign in and then click it again). This creates a copy of the project for you to work with. It should say "remixed" after you click it
- Next to the "Sign Out" button at the very top right corner of the page you should see your username and a drop-down menu (the tiny triangle tells you there is a drop-down). Click on it to show the menu and then select "My Trinkets". In Trinket (this website), projects are called "Trinkets"
- You should also click on the drop-down arrow beside the “Autorun” button and select “Click To Run” instead. This makes sure that the code will only run when you click this button, not when you're halfway through typing it!